Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What's for Dinner? Asian Pulled Pork!

      Hi guys! Hope everyone is doing well. :) I just wanted to stop by and share a recipe that I recently found that has become a quick new favorite for me and my guy! It would of course be Asian Pulled Pork as the title would suggest, haha. I haven't had much experience thus far cooking with Asian flavors, but I must say that this was delicious. I stumbled across the recipe on Pinterest, which is where I find a lot of my food ideas these days, and decided to try it since I was wanting something a little different(and easy). Boy was it easy! One of the main reasons that I adore crock pot meals is that I can throw it in before work in the morning, let it cook all day, and add the finishing touches when I get home. Plus, with the crock pot liners I've been using, clean up is super simple too! I found mine near the plastic bags and such at Wal-mart. Tonight is the second time I've made this dish, and after having such a busy day at work, I'm glad I picked it for dinner tonight! Here ya go:

 Start with a roast(2-3 lbs), 1 chopped onion, 1 tsp instant chicken bouillon, and 1 cup water.

 Cook on low for 7-10 hrs. This is at about 9.

 Remove the onion, drain the liquid, and shred the meat.

Mix 1/4 cup Soy Sauce, 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce, 1 Tbsp Worcestershire, 
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar, and 1 tsp Minced Garlic.
(Low-sodium options work well too!)

Mix the sauce with the shredded meat and allow to cook for 30 more minutes.
I like to serve mine over white rice, so I cook it during this time as well.

And dinner is served!

      If you would like to check out the original recipe, you can find that here. This recipe is highly recommended, and boyfriend approved. ;) I'm also thinking of trying it with some fried rice, or maybe noodles. If it turns out to be worth mentioning, I'll be sure to let you know. Have a good week, and I'll see you back here soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment