Fruit pizza has kind of become my 'thing' for gatherings funnily enough. I started making them when I was in high school after finding a 'Fruit Fish' in my Mom's Taste of Home and have been making it ever since! Fruit pizza is simple, and tasty for all ages. I wanted to make mine feel more festive, so I used only green and red fruits, but you can use whatever combination you like! Here's what I used to make one in a 9x13" baking pan:
- 2 tubes of sugar cookie dough (or your favorite sugar cookie recipe)
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 container strawberries
- 1/2 container red raspberries
- 4 kiwis
- handful of pomegranate(Mom had some extra in the fridge so I decided to add some!)
- Spread the sugar cookie dough evenly in the pan and bake according to the package directions. When done, cool completely.
- While the cookie is cooling, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cookie is completely cool evenly spread on the cream cheese mixture.
- Wash and slice up all fruit and place on top of pizza any way you would like!
I almost forgot, but my Mom also made a rum punch that we all enjoyed. Think I may have to get the recipe from her for New Year's Eve. ;)
This is it for the food, but I will be making a separate post with what I got for Christmas soon! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday filled with lots of good times and good eats. See you back here later!