Saturday, November 1, 2014

Baked Ravioli

Hey guys!


      Today I wanted to share with you a super quick meal that's simple to put together on a busy weeknight. It also comes in handy if, like me, you sometimes forget to thaw something for dinner, haha. This has become more of a recent favorite, and leaves much room for customization. I see it as a bit of a compromise between my boyfriend and I, because he loves lasagna and I've never cared for it much.

      For the basic recipe you will need one bag of frozen ravioli, one jar of your favorite pasta sauce, and 2 cups of mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese.




      First preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While it is preheating, you should have plenty of time to put the dish together. In the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish spread 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Then place one layer of ravioli, followed by half of the remaining sauce, and half of the cheese. Repeat the layering one more time.




      After the oven has preheated, cover the dish in foil and bake for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling.




      Like I said, this is a simple dish but you can do so much to it to make it your own. Try adding some veggies or herbs, make it with different types of ravioli and sauce, add something extra on top, whatever fits your personal tastes. I would love to hear what ingredients you like to add and how it turned out for you, I'm always looking for new ideas! I hope that you'll enjoy this dish as much as we have been at my home.


      I'll see you back here soon!










Random tidbits:
  • After living in the same apartment for our third Halloween in a row, we finally had trick-or-treaters last night! Just two kids, but woohoo!
  • Went in an hour early this morning to help put Christmas decorations at work. Surprised to hear the mall already playing Christmas music today, but made me feel less crazy! Haha.
  • Totally counting down to The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies! (1 month, 15 days!!!)
  • What upcoming events/releases are you excited for?


     

No comments:

Post a Comment